Who We Are
Who We Are
For more than 40 years Taylor King has been crafting in North Carolina invitingly comfortable and exceeding durable sofas and chairs with a dedication to quality, design and attention to detail that extends deep beyond attractive fabrics. Our plush cushions, protective padding, hardwood frames and hand-tied coiled springing are meticulously married by hand with precise tailoring by our talented artisans who have decades of honed experience. Explore our furniture. Get comfortable with Taylor King.
Tailored To Suit You
As one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of American made upholstered furniture, we attribute our success to an unparalleled commitment to quality and comfort. Our rigorous selection process results in the richest materials, while our extensive research leads to discovering the most stylish textiles in the market. Because of our custom-oriented “by-the-inch” philosophy, we connect to the way you live, so we can create a beautiful piece of furniture tailored to you.
Made To Last
Our all-encompassing commitment to quality begins with our craftsmanship. Every one of our skilled artisans handcrafts and assembles each piece to an exacting standard using only the highest quality material, for a superb piece of furniture that is beautiful inside and out.
- Nail head trim applied one nail at a time
- Sinuous springs, polyurethane foam, and polyester fiber provides superior support to our back cushions
- Channel–sewn, premium back cushions add extra comfort
- Fabric and leather patterns are precision-cut and flow matched
- Arm borders are luxuriously padded with foam and fiber
- Three to four rows of eight-way, hand-tied coil springs for firm yet flexible support
- Corner blocks are triple reinforced with staples, glue and screws
- Choice of thirty-five multi-step wood finishes
A. Each frame is upholstered by experienced craftsmen, one piece at a time
B. Fabrics are fully flow matched to ensure seamless connection of patterns and textures
C. Eight-way hand tied coil springs, either three or four rows deep, are used for the ultimate seating foundation
D. Nail head trim is applied one nail at a time by experienced craftsmen