Who We Are
Who We Are
Passion. Finesse. Community. These are the pillars that started Taylor King almost fifty years ago. As one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of American made custom upholstered furniture, we attribute our success to an unparalleled commitment to quality and comfort in combination with an extensive fabric line rigorously edited to have just the right mix of couture fabrics and everyday fabrics. We would be honored to create a beautiful piece of furniture tailored just for you.
The Art of Upholstery
- Each frame is upholstered by an experienced craftsperson, one piece at a time
- If an order calls for multiple quantities of an item, the same craftsperson will make each piece ensuring they are as identical as possible
- Our hardwood frames are constructed for a lifetime with all corners glued, screwed and corner blocked
- Eight-way hand tied coil springs, either three or four rows deep, are used to create the ultimate seating foundation. Multiple gauges of coil springs are strategically placed with utmost comfort in mind.
- Inside backs consist of sinuous springs, foam and fiber to provide superior support to our back cushions
- We offer four different types of seat cushions and back cushions to meet one’s desired comfort level
- Arm borders are luxuriously padded with foam and fiber. All outside arms and back are double covered and padded with a layer of fiber.
- Fabrics are upholstered with a full flow match ensuring the pattern match from top to bottom and side to side
- Nail head trim is applied one nail at a time
- Specify from over 1600 fabrics, 125 leathers, 125 trims and 45 wood finishes
- Almost every item in our line may be customized to meet your exact needs. Whether you want an item deeper, taller, longer or a plethora of other custom changes, we’re happy to accommodate.